How much does a dock leveler cost?
With the wide variety of sizes, capacities & features - dock leveler prices can vary by quite a bit.
- Answer: $3,500 - $10,000 for a pit mounted leveler (Material ONLY)
- If no electrical wiring is needed, you could anticipate spending around $500 for installation.
- Other pricing considerations include: concrete work, curb steel, freight, tax, electrical installation.
- There are numerous considerations when pricing a dock leveler.
- Manual activation (pull-chain, mechanical operation, non-powered) vs. Powered (hydraulic, air bag)
- Size: 6'x6' up to 7'x12'
- Capacity: 30,000lbs up to 80,000lbs
- Dock leveler capacity is a "DYNAMIC" rating. Imagine the difference between standing on a scale vs. jumping up and down. Forklifts apply a tremendous amount of dynamic force when carrying a load across a dock plate. This forces the dock plate to float & flex to accommodate the loading of air ride suspension trailers.
- The total cost of a new dock leveler will typically include freight, tax and installation
- Budget $7,500 for a leveler from a reputable manufacturer.
- Cheap levelers come at a HIGH cost to your facility.
- Down-time and inability to ship/receive
- Frequent repairs and costly parts
- This is nothing more costly than an injury at your loading dock. SAFETY. SAFETY. SAFETY. SAFETY.