What does a dock leveler do?
- A dock leveler is intended to act as a bridge to safely allow for the transfer of goods from a trailer to the building and vice versa.
- Allowllow a forklift to safely load/unload a semi-truck.
- Not all loading docks and trailers are the same height, therefore we must bridge the gap between the building and truck in a way that allows for the safe & efficient loading of trailers. A great dock plate will allow you to keep your product, personnel and property safe.
- In general, a longer leveler will provide greater service range, allowing you to service very tall or short trailers.
- Because semi-trailers are equipped with air-ride suspension, there can be a modest amount of bouncing around when loading. The dock leveler is designed to float vertically, and flex laterally - to keep stress from being transferred directly to your concrete.
- Before buying a new dock leveler, always consider the type of trucks/trailers you use.