How Long Does it Take You to Ship?
- Many parts will ship the same day for orders placed before 1pm CST.; most parts will ship within 24 hours. We cannot guarantee that all parts will ship within 24 hours. Large quantity orders or less popular parts may include a manufacturing lead time.
- If you require Next Day Air shipping, you must order before 1pm CST in order to Guarantee You will have it Next Day. Please note: not all parts are available to ship as Next Day Air due to FAA regulations. This includes items like pressurized gas springs or lithium batteries.
What if I need Help Finding a Manual
- Click on Our Loading Dock Manual Page
- Email Parts@Loadingdockpro.com
Do You Ship to Canada?
Yes we do, however with new legislation being put in place by the US Administration there will be an import tariff. Because the import tariff into Canada has fluctuated widely in recent months, the fee may be collected separately by the carrier, and not reflected in the original purchase price. We advise that you consult with your local duties and imports office if necessary.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Types of goods are exempt from being returned: any electronic item which may indicate an attempt at installation.
To complete your return, we an RGA form to be completed and accepted. Reference of the RGA number must accompany returned materials.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable). This may be noted on your refund as a restocking fee. Restocking fees typically range from 25% to 35%. Customer assumes responsibility for shipping charges.
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at LoadingDockPro@gmail.com.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
How much does a dock leveler weigh?
- 1,200lbs to 3,500lbs
- Weights can vary greatly based upon size and capacity
- Greater capacity translates into thicker steel, meant to accommodate heavier loads.
How do you calculate dock leveler capacity?
- Simple answer: Take the combined weight of your forklift and load, multiplied by 2.55
- Example: 12,000lb forklift + 3,500lb load x 2.55 = 39,525. Round up to 40,000.
- There are many factors that influence leveler capacity.
- Gross weight of vehicle and load
- Number of trailers serviced per day
- 3-wheel or 4-wheel forklifts
- Height differential between dock and trailer
- Slope %of dock approach
- Be extremely careful of dock leveler companies who calculate capacity with letters
- Example: Capacity "G," Capacity "H," Capacity "J," et cetera
- These capacity labels are meant to disguise the true ANSI rating
How much does a dock leveler cost?
- Simple answer: $3,500 - $10,000 for a pit mounted leveler(Material ONLY)
- There are numerous considerations when pricing a dock leveler.
- Manual activation (mechanical) vs. Powered (hydraulic, air bag)
- Size: 6'x6' up to 7'x12'
- Capacity: 30,000lbs up to 80,000lbs
- The total cost of a leveler will include freight, tax and installation
- Budget $7,500 for a leveler from a reputable manufacturer.
- Cheap levelers come at a HIGH cost to your facility.
- Down-time and inability to ship/receive
- Frequent repairs and costly parts
- SAFETY. SAFETY. SAFETY. SAFETY.
What does a dock leveler do?
- Simple answer: allow a forklift to safely load/unload a semi-truck
- Because not all loading docks and trailers are the same height, we must bridge the gap between the building and truck in a way that allows for the safe & efficient loading of trailers.
- In general, a longer leveler will provide greater service range, allowing you to service very tall or short trailers.
What is the standard loading dock height?
- In North America the standard loading dock height is 48-52"
- Some facilities may choose a different dock height based upon unique trailer configurations.
- An incline or decline approach can affect the the dock height.